Archives de catégorie : Communautaire

Reminder: Ubuntu Hour this Thursday Feb 11th in Montreal

I am gladly surprised the simple Ubuntu Hour concept I proposed a while ago is slowly picking up in a few places 🙂 14 cities already have someone proposing to meet & greet Ubuntu users on a regular basis.What are you waiting !?

Lunch & Ubuntu

Well, this is only a friendly reminder and invitation to come and join us at Café Suprême, (4190 Boulevard St-Laurent, Montreal – Plateau Mont-Royal) tomorrow Thursday at noon. We’ll have lunch and who knows, perhaps meet some new people. Or just have lunch.

Geeks for Haiti

My weekend is starting, perhaps as it is for many geeks in NorthAmerica out there.

Those of you wondering how to help Haiti relief efforts with your knowledge and time (or money) can take a look at the following projects:

Remember there are many ways you can help in the above projects & efforts, without necessarily limiting that to money or physical presence.

Wiki cleanup, documentation, translation, or even just advertising any of the above projects in your social networks may go a long way.

Have a nice weekend!

Conoces un Ubuntero hispano ? Do you know an Ubuntu user that speaks Spanish ?

If you know any Ubuntu users interested in getting some first-hand help with Ubuntu, in Spanish, check this post from Diego Turcios, Ubuntu Honduras team lead.

The Ubuntu Users Day will also be held in Spanish! Diego and his team invited me to host a session and I gladly accepted to host the same I will be doing in English. My deepest appreciation to Pablo Rubianes who started this initiative for the Spanish Ubuntu users.

I’ll be teaching / chatting / taking questions about how to best choose your hardware so it works with Ubuntu. It’s on January 23rd, save the date!

Ubuntu Global Jam in Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If you’re in Montreal or nearby this weekend… you must know:

ugj09_button_orange_250x148_en

And I won’t be the only one 🙂

All details can be found on the Quebec Team Ubuntu Global Jam page.

Where:

École de technologie supérieure (http://www.etsmtl.ca/)
1100 rue Notre-Dame Ouest
Salles/Rooms A-1300 & A-1238

When:

Friday Oct 2- Sunday Oct. 4 (check the Quebec Team Ubuntu Global Jam page for full schedule info)

See you there!

New discussion group for Android users in Canada

If anyone’s using an Android phone in Canada and wanting to get some help or just share their experience, come by to this new group:

Google Groups
Android users in Canada
Visit this group

I’ve found it surprisingly hard to find any information specific to the Canadian launch of Android phones by Rogers, other than Android in Canada, and most discussion elsewhere deals with the U.S. models or marketplace.

I just started the group so it’s mostly empty, but I’ll be sharing some of the trouble i am having, as well as some of the blog posts about new features, etc.